Followers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What The Hell Is Going On At Rutgers University??????????????????


                           Growing up across the Raritan River from Rutgers, in Highland Park, New Jersey, it always figured in my life.  From the time I became aware, there was no question in anyone's mind that I was going to college, and, having one virtually in one's hometown, I naturally thought of Rutgers.  When I became of age to apply, it was my first choice school.

                               Alas, and this is interesting, I was admitted to every school I applied to--save that one!

                               At the time, it was a devastating blow, but once I found my way at Seton Hall, I had no regrets!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                But now, I have to wonder.  What with Tyler Clementi, the coaching scandal, and now the murder of former Rutgers student (who transferred to Kean College, which is a story, right there!!!!!!!!)
William McCaw, 22, I am not only glad I did not go there, were I a parent with children, I would discourage them from going to this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  According to what I know, Mr. McCaw, while attending Kean now, had made friends at Rutgers, with whom he kept in touch and often went to visit. He hails, not from New Jersey, but Gallatin, Tennessee.  I know, at 18, many are anxious to shed their environment and spread their wings, but couldn't he have picked a better school than Rutgers???????????????

                                     He had attended a party on Hamilton Street--two, actually--but his body turned up, badly beaten, in a garden at 28 Hartwell Street.

                                       Was this a hate crime?  I have no idea if McCaw was gay, but something motivated it!  And just where was he killed?  Because I don't think he was killed in that Hartwell Street yard; I think he was dumped, there.  Whether by the killer, or someone else, I have no idea.

                                            And what of the killer?  Or killers?  His death was due to blunt force trauma. That takes a lot of rage. Why would anyone bother to beat this kid?  One can't help thinking of drugs as a possibility, but I think there was something more personal behind this.

                                              In any case, were I of college age now, I would avoid Rutgers like the plague.

                                              Jim Backus must be turning over in his grave!  And the writing staff at 'SVU' must be clacking away on their keyboards, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               Bring the sick thing who murdered this kid to justice!  May Rutgers become a safe place, once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: