Followers

Thursday, February 20, 2014

It Just Proves There Are Reasons To Be Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  I admit, darlings, when I first saw this, I laughed. I mean, I got the joke, a spoof the famous movie poster for the 1958 classic "Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman," featuring, this time, not Alison Hayes, but Neil Patrick Harris, and the transgender riff showcasing Harris' forthcoming appearance here in town in "Hedwig And The Angry Inch."

                                   Let's leave the show alone, for a moment. Once I got the joke, and took a closer look, I thought--what is the point?  I may be gay, but Alison in the original poster, looks more fetching than Harris, here.  I have always had mixed feelings about him; like Paula Zahn, he is earnest, and he tries, but sometimes too hard. To get an idea of what I mean, look on YouTube for the 2011 "Company," done at Lincoln Center, and watch the difference between Harris and Martha Plimpton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    Added to which, even in my most fevered states, I have never had the hots for Neil Patrick Harris!  Has anyone?  I mean, OK, he is tolerable enough, but would you want that under your roof 24/7?    I don't think so.  So comparing Harris to Hayes, is, I feel, rather insulting to Alison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Besides, the look on his face is so confused, as if he can't be sure he is  impersonating Hayes, or Charlton Heston, in "Ben-Hur."

                                        At least, he is not impersonating John Cameron Mitchell, whom I saw do 'Hedwig' originally, (and he was the only reason I saw it!!!!!!!!!) and who, as far as I am concerned, owns the role!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Who knows?  You may take New York by storm, Neil, but, for God's sake--
cover yourself up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: