Followers

Monday, April 14, 2014

As Far As I Am Concerned, This Is Gillian's Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               Before I actually talk about Gillian Flynn's brilliant novel--which I feel outdoes even "Gone Girl," let me say a couple of things.

                                  "Dark Places" is being filmed, and should be out, sometime this year. And Amy Adams would have been SO perfect for Libby Day. If the material is handled and written correctly, this could have won her her Oscar. But, when shooting time came, Amy was not available, and, instead of waiting and holding out for her, they rushed into production with Charlize Theron, who can certainly act it, but, she has done this type of role several times before. If only they could have gotten Amy!!!!!!!!!

                                     Second, that Diondra Wertzner is some piece of work!  That is all I am going to say about her!

                                     The book just does not let up. Libby Day, an adult in her thirties, is the sole survivor of a childhood massacre that took place on January 3, 1985, when she was just seven years old.  Based on the testimony of the sole survivor, though still a child, Libby's older brother (15, at the time of the murders) Ben, is convicted, and issued Life Without Parole.

                                        But is he actually guilty?  When the Kill Club, an organization made up of crime fan addicts, who investigate special cases, take an interest in Libby and her case, Libby herself begins to wonder. And thus the journey begins.

                                          Who killed the Day family? Let me tell you, I was just 17 pages away from the end, and I still could not figure it out.  When it finally hit me, I was knocked out by the cleverness of it all!

                                               Damn, that Gillian Flynn is GOOD!  I think this is, dramatically, structurally, and for gripping suspense, her best book.  Now that I have read all her works, I will have to wait awhile for the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  And for that Diondra to get hers! And that bitch, Crystal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: