Followers

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Spy Wednesday, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                     This picture is called "The Kiss Of Spy Wednesday," but, as a confused Catholic, I am not sure if this took place today, or tomorrow.  I want to say the latter.

                       Some things I am not confused about.  Like, when it comes to Easter, that means Mary Magdalene carrying spices to the tomb in the morning, to anoint the body of Jesus, and, in the afternoon, Jennifer Jones, in "The Song Of Bernadette."  Those are givens.

                          When Judas kissed Jesus, that was David McCallum smooching Max Von Sydow, in "The Greatest Story Ever Told" (1965).  But anyone Catholic knows that Judas hanged himself; the film has, if I recall, McCallum throwing himself into a funereal pyre, and the Holy Land is stood in for by Monument Valley in Utah.  No wonder us Catholics get confused.  Stick to Jennifer Jones, is what I say!!!!!!!!!!!

                            But, really, everyone knows today is Spy Wednesday, but, honestly, just what are you supposed to do on it?  Or are you supposed to do anything????????  That has never been explained.

                                You know what I say?  Go home, and rest!  Rest for the next three days coming up. Did you know that Lent actually ends on Holy Thursday?   I never knew that till I hit my Fifties!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Remember, Good Friday is a day of fast and abstinence.  No meat, and no fun.

                                   But have that Easter outfit ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: