Followers

Friday, April 11, 2014

Bring Back Anita Van Buren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  While reading my blog post yesterday, on the "Beast's Obsession" episode of 'SVU', my beloved Monsieur remarked, a tad hesitantly, "You know, some might construe what you said as being misogynistic."  As I reread what I had written, I realized he was right, though, personally, I don't think so. The writers have spent the entire 15th Season of the show making Olivia Benson look like Miss Uppity High Horse, and it was time for her to be brought down.  Which I don't think is a bad idea.

                                     Then I thought back, to the original "Law And Order," when Anita Van Buren, played by the wonderful S. Epatha Merkerson, was in charge, and all was right with the world.  I simply adored her, which is proof positive I am not misogynistic. That is when I thought--why don't they bring her back, to "SVU'.  I mean, if Donal Logue, as Lt. Declan Murphy does not want the job full time, then bring in S. Epatha as Anita. But, damn, that Donal sure is some hotttie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       I also meant what I said about the writers being all fired. If they had not done what they had to Olivia this season, I would not have complained the way I did.

                                          Amends can be made, and they should start with some highly charged creative decisions, because all this attempting to save money has sunk the show into a sinkhole it can barely get out of!!!!!!!!!!

                                            If, indeed, it does!  Let's hope for the best, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: