Followers

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Why Is Gay Ice Cream So Accessible In Brooklyn, But You Have To Go All the Way To Bayonne, NJ, For These Edwards Creme Pies????????????????




                                  Honestly, I have known people who were from Bayonne, and none were proud of the fact, or ever had anything good to say about it!!!!!!!!!! So. how come it turns out to be the only place in the Metropolitan Area, where you can buy these Edwards Creme Pies that came being advertised nightly on TV????????   It all reminds me of the early days--the very early days--of Dr. Pepper, and Krispy Kreme Donuts, when only in the South could one gorge on such things. And I spent lots more time in the South, especially when younger.  I am less likely to go there, than I am to go to Bayonne, NJ, even though it is closer????????  I mean , I was in Jersey City once, and that was scary enough!!!!!!!  But Bayonne?   Wasn't that where the sleazy rooming house, where Joesph Cotten, as Uncle Charlie, is first seen, holed up, in Hitchcock's "Shadow Of A Doubt?"  Probably lives in the same building at that Nasty Hostess up at Demarchelier!!!!!!!!!!  So, I have no good reason to go to Bayonne, just for a lousy creme pie?????????  And it probably isn't as succulent and luscious, as it looks on TV!   The camera does do wonders, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     However, if any of you are brave enough to venture forth, do let me know!  And bring back the Chocolate Creme with the drizzle, and the Custard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: