Followers

Monday, April 7, 2014

Aquaman Is Still Hot, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    When I was reading DC super-hero comics, in the 1960s, I wanted to be The Flash, because I loved the red costume, and liked the idea of super speed, but I really had the hots for Aquaman!!!!!!!!!  That  wavy blond hair, powerhouse chest, with gills on top, and swimming ability to outdo anyone, as well as being a blood descendant of the lost continent of Atlantis, just took my breath away.  I never really wanted to be Aquaman--though I wish I had been a better swimmer--but the notion of being carried off by him to Atlantis, when I was young, kept my heart beating anxiously.

                       That was then. From the looks of things, now, Aquaman is even hotter today than back then! Sea food is not my favorite fare, but if he wants to sit down at Le Bernardin in New York, or Glatoire's in New Orleans, I am all for it!  Especially Galatoire's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Aquaman is still something! And he is still a blond!

                        You better believe that is all natural, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2 comments:

Videolaman said...

If you love "Aquaman" you might be scandalized at the way he is constantly mocked on "Robot Chicken" (the late-night Adult Swim animated parody series on Cartoon Network). Their opening episodes last year and this year were spoofs of the DC Comics heroes.

All get skewered to some degree, but they're merciless with Aquaman: he's depicted as an utterly useless, ineffectual, powerless twink. Even his fish friends think he's lame, and tell him so openly.

In the "DC Comics Special II" that aired this past weekend, Aquaman exhorted all the seahorses in the ocean to fight against the giant starfish villain (a misplaced reference to some Japanese sci-fi flick). The seahorses leap out of the ocean by the hundreds, smashing into the starfish and falling to their deaths. While Wonder Woman and The Flash shake their heads in disapproval.

The Raving Queen said...


David loves "Robot Chicken." I indulge him like he does me with ID. That's when I go to YouTube or readin.

Would love to see the episode with the giant starfish villain. Aquaman still can't be beat for his blond hair and chest.

There was a furor several years ago over one of the DC heroes turning out to be gay. I think it was revealed to be Green Lantern! I disagree--I thought it should have been Aquaman!!!!!!!!!