Followers

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

You Better Believe In The Miracle Of The Sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            It was all so prescient of me.  Here I was, thinking about Our Lady Of Fatima, and The Miracle Of The Sun.  The whole thing was really cheaply depicted in the 1952 Warner Brothers movie, where Fatima did not get as artistic a film treatment as did Lourdes nine years before, in "The Song Of Bernadette."

                              Our Lady appeared to three children--Lucita, Jacinta and Francisco. The last two were siblings, their surnames being Marto. Lucita, the eldest, was their cousin.  The siblings died around the age of 10, in 1918, and 1920, respectively. The place where the visions took place was called the Cova da Iri, and in the film looked every inch the back lot it was shot on. In fact, it looked so cheap, it looked as though filmed in someone's garage. Had Warner Brothers no respect???????????

                               Now, The Miracle Of The Sun took place on October 13, 1917. Which is amazing I was thinking about all this, right at the advent of it.  On that day, Our Lady caused the sun to move about in the sky, and, at one point, terrify people by seeming to swoop down on Earth.  I wish I had known people who were there, but I never did.  And in the 1952 film, it was depicted as cheaply as possible.

                                But, there is another film, "The 13th Day," made in the Philippines  in 2009, that renders the Fatima story ,and especially this segment of it, as artistically as did 'Bernadette' in 1943.  I do not know if this is a short or a feature, but I will try and show what I can of it, to give you an idea. If this is a feature, I have GOT to get my hands on it, and see it.  I do not recall it being released in the United States, though my memory could be faulty!

                                  Check this clip out.  I hope it features The Miracle Of The Sun!

                                   But, remember, its 98th Anniversary is coming up in six days!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Believe, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: