Followers

Sunday, October 11, 2015

You Get More Action At The Hotel Cortez Than At The Bates Motel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            It starts with two scrumptious, Scandanavian blonde girls, getting out of a car.  They arrive at the Hotel Cortez, walking into a sumptuous , yet seedy Art Deco remnant.  The first scary sign is the presence of Kathy Bates at the Reservation Desk, looking like a spinster librarian.  Her name is Iris.  Very spinster librarianish.

                               The girls get a room, which they do not like.  A bad odor is emanating from the bed.  They expose the mattress, which shows stitching, like a surgeon's incision, down the center, and something bulging from within.  So, what do these two do?  They tear into it, and out pops this creature, who looks like he's channeling Andy Serkis as Gollum, only not so cute.  I think this is Addiction Demon, and, boy, do I love him!
                                 He kills one of the girls, but the other escapes, until she runs into the  Countess played by Lady Gaga! Who slits her throat!  And that is how "American Horror Story: Hotel" starts!

                                   Now you have heard me on Sarah Paulson as Hypodermic Sally!  She is the best thing in the show, though I did not know she is a ghost, having been pushed out the window by Kathy Bates, having murdered her drug addict son, Donovan.

                                    Now, back to Addiction Demon.  I have a feeling he is going to be something throughout the season.  Beside his star entrance, the highlight of the 90  minute premiere is when rapes a twink with a dildo attached to a drill bit!  I just LOVED it!

                                      Just as I loved Denis O'Hare as Liz Taylor!  You heard me right, darlings!
You have to see the scene, where he is walking down the hall, and his sky blue cape is blowing in the breeze, from behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Which brings me to the first problem with this show, now. It is more visually stunning  than dramatic.  The only ones really acting are Sarah and Kathy.  The rest are visual ornaments to what amounts to a Lady Gaga music video.

Now, let's talk about Lady Gaga.  I will be blunt.  I want Jessica back.  She is nothing more than a visual ornament, who pushes the envelope on the music and sex dynamics on this show.  Even I , darlings, thought the orgy scene was pushing that envelope on the barrier between soft and hard core, and what can be shown, even on cable!  Even Addiction Demon--just LOVE him!!!!!!!!--was more subtle.

But, this is just one episode.  We have, I believe, twelve more to go.  I cannot wait to see Lily Rabe as Aileen Wuornos.  And did anyone recognize Mare Winningham, as the maid in the hall?  I did not!!!!!!!!

I may be addicted to "American Horror Story, " but, on the basis  of this episode, I am not sure I will get my needed fix!

The Cortez is all glitz; the Bates Motel was terrifying!

No comments: