Followers

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Still The Best Italian Cuisine In Town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         When I lived in Queens, my greatest salvation, and comfort, were the visits I made to dine at Manducatis, in Long Island City, where I was always greeted warmly by Vincent, Anthony, his son, and the entire staff, and served the best Italian cuisine this side of the Hudson.  Surpassing even Manhattan!  Yes, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            I promised, when I moved out of Queens, that we would return to Manducatis. Well, finally, this past Sunday, we did. Being in the neighborhood, having seen "A Chorus Line" at The Secret Theatre, it was a given we--my beloved, those two wild and crazy kids, Dan and Norma, and our friend, Judy--would dine at Manducatis.  Well, it was just wonderful.

                             With the exception of an addition of a stuffed lamb/ram, nothing had changed. Vincent was in his usual place to greet us, and while I did not see Anthony, I was pretty sure one of the young waiters was one of his sons, and that he still holds the fort down.  He was just off that night.

                                But the cooking staff wasn't, and the dishes prepared were up to the standard I had always come to expect. Their bread is spectacular, and worth noshing on; this is one place to forego dietary restrictions.  Once won't kill you.  The salad was as  fresh as ever, and so was the calamari, and the sauce. Norma's pasta--fettuccine, I think--with carrots and other vegetables looked scrumptious, Judy's eggplant rollatini was fabulous--I personally known, having noshed on it, myself, in other visits-- while the fettuccine bolognese, my favorite, is still the best  in town.  I cannot remember what my beloved and Dan had--a pasta dish of some kind, I think, and someone had Minnestrone soup, so it was a tasteful, bountiful meal.  We could not handle desert. And I had a glass of wine; my first in months. I slept well that night, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Everyone should go to Manducatis.  It is still the best kept secret in town. And maybe it should be.  The perfect way to celebrate friendship, and having seen a classic!

                                 That way, we can enjoy it for ourselves. But why be selfish?  Share!!!!!!!!!!!

                               Rock on, Vincent and Anthony!!!!!!!!  Keep up the superb work!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: