Followers

Monday, February 29, 2016

There Were Some Oscar Surprises, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!! And The First One Was "The Revenant" Bear Sitting In The Audience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                      I have to confess, girls, it wasn't on my dance card to watch the Oscars, last night.  I hadn't seen enough of the films to get excited, there was no MERYL--unthinkable!!!!!!!!!--and so why should I invest my time in what would turn out to be a long, boring, evening, when I could watch some nice, relaxing serial killers on ID, and then the high jinks on "Judge Judy????????"

                                        My beloved kept reminding me of the obligation I had to my girls, on here.  Added to which he said my gay card would be invoked, if I did not tune in, and then where would I be?  It certainly would not be straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           So, I was pleased by the surprise of the bear being on. That perked me up a bit.  But so did Mark Rylance winning for Best Supporting Actor; I have not seen "Bridge Of Spies," but having seen Rylance on stage, I know what a fine actor he is, so it is richly deserved.  As was "Spotlight," for Best Picture, which was something I did not expect to hear, but, really, darlings, it WAS the movie of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Now that Leo finally has an Oscar to call his own, I hope everyone shuts up about this overrated thing getting an Oscar.  He can act, but his acting does nothing for me.

                                              But, oh my God, girls!!!!!!!!! Did you see that stunning, red Dior gown Charlize Theron was wearing???????????  Who wouldn't want to be seen in that, except, who could look as good as Charlize in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the gown of gowns, darlings, was the Armani Prive one, with a floral pattern, worn by Cate Blanchett, whose hair was styled the way I would like, too.  How I would love to dash into the Palm Court, for tea with Hayley Mills, dressed in this!!!!!!!!!!!!  But, who could better wear it than Cate?????????

So, see, there were some Oscar perks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better luck, next year, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: