Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Won't You Join Me For Tea, At The Palm Court???????????????


                           When I was young, back in the day, which was the late Eighties, early Nineties, oh, my God, darlings, I was a regular habitue of  The Palm Court, at The Plaza.  I would walk in majestically, as Boris, the waiter who took care of all my personal needs there, greeted me expectantly, usually on Wednesday afternoons, while directing me to my table, which was in the center of the room, enabling me to keep an eye out on everyone.

                               You don't believe me!!!!!!!!  Well, I am telling you, darlings, it is the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

                                Eventually, The Plaza changed.  It was downsized to some piece of junk real estate, and some faux confectionery was put up downstairs, where one could sit in faux Art Deco surroundings, munching on cheap chocolate and coffee or tea. Not like days of yore.

                                  The word I hear is that those days have happily returned, so perhaps the magic can be re-experienced.  Won't you join me? And, of course, Hayley Mills, if you happen to be in town, hon, it goes without saying!!!!!!!!!!

                                    I wonder if Boris will be there, to serve me?  Or will I have to engage the services of some younger, enterprising staffer?  I can do it, darlings!   It has been a way of life, for years!!!!!!!!!!

                                       And, of course, if the whole things fails, there is always The St. Regis, or The Pierre!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       But I want Slim Keith's residence, at The Pierre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: