Followers

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Darlings, Remember How, Back In The Nineties, We All Wanted To Look Like Mary-Louise Parker?????????????????


                                Oh, my God, girls!  How I wanted to dress like her, wear my hair like her!  I mean, she embodied feminine perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  And she still does!  Look at that hair!  I want to take a hair care course, with her, just to learn how to get gorgeous hair like that.  I  am sure genetics have something to do with it.

                                  Since first seeing her in "Longtime Companion," Mary-Louise Parker embodies characters many of us, myself included, connect to and with.  Like the girl running madly for the New York bus, at the start of "Longtime Companion."  Or Ruth, whom we all wish we could be, in "Fried Green Tomatoes."  Or the mathematician who could not comprehend her own genius, in "Proof."

                                    I related to them all, because of Mary-Louise.  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

                                     Miss Ruth was a lady, and so is Mary-Louise. Though, it would appear, like Idgie and myself, she has a wild side.  But she also has familial and community loyalty.  What a great gift.

                                        Even more, in addition to her acting talent, is, being, a true Daughter Of The South, she is a Survivor.  Like Scarlett.  She has been through things that would have challenged Scarlett, and I am inspired and encouraged by her getting through them.  As if her experiences, which she shares in her book, "Dear Mr. You," which I cannot wait to read,  tells me I can get through things, too.

                                           I cannot wait to see Mary-Louise in her next endeavor!!!!!!!!!!
               
                                            But what is the secret of that hair??????????????????????

No comments: