Followers

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I Want A "She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed" Doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                I have just begun reading H. Rider Haggard's classic novel, "SHE--A History Of Adventure."  Despite being a Raving Queen, I still have some testosterone level in me, because I just LOVE adventure books. And this one, so far, is first rate.

                                  In the introductory material, I first learned how the name came about. When Haggard was a child, there was this horrible looking doll he and his sister would terrorize each other with. It was given the name "She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed."

                                    Now, what would such a doll look like?  I have several ideas.  First, she would have an evil, menacing face, as pictured above.  But, because the novel has an African setting my conception of the doll is more a female version of the Zulu doll in the Karen Black story.  That is REALLY She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed.

                                      An Urusla Andress doll just wouldn't cut it.  Unless I was straight!

                                      Which you know, darlings, I am not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments: