Followers

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Has Ryan Murphy Lost His Mind????????????


                              I guess Ryan Murphy is determined to be the William Castle of his generation, with his combination of camp and horror.  Trouble is, he forgets Castle made some classics, like "House On Haunted Hill," and the masterpiece classic, "Rosemary's Baby," (though most of its success belongs to Roman Polanski!!!!!!!!) and while some of Murphy's work on "American Horror has had classic moments, only "Coven" holds together, for me.

                                I had no idea he had done "The People VS. O.J. Simpson.  I mean, I just LOVED Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark!!!!!!!!!  But, then I just LOVE Marcia Clark!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 But now, he is going to do--"Feud!"  It should be logo-ed with an explanation point.  At first I thought it might a collage of feuds--Bette and Joan, Joan and Olivia, the Kardashians, but Ryan has gone really crass this time. He is going do the Bette-Joan brouhaha surrounding the filming of "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?"  Which means, that whomever is playing Bette and Joan, is going to have to recreate certain key scenes from the Aldrich film.

                                   For this endeavor he has enlisted Jessica Lange (Bette) and Susan Sarandon (Joan).   Are you kidding me?  Even with make-up and all, how the hell is either going to morph into either?  Remember my post with the photo of Sarah Paulson, made up to look like Jane and Blanche?  Now, THAT would have worked!  And too bad Anne Bancroft is gone--for so many reasons--because, on the basis of "The Turning Point," she and Shirley MacLaine would have been perfect!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Hey, Ryan, did you ever think of Faye Dunaway?  Or how about Jennifer Jason Leigh as Bette, and someone her age for Joan?

                                      Jessica Lange and Susan Saradon?  You have GOT to be kidding me!

                                       But, wait, dolls; it does get better--Stanley Tucci as the hottest looking Jack Warner ever to be seen; you can bet Warner never looked as good as Tucci. Alfired Molina as Robert Aldrich, and, get this, Judy Davis as Hedda Hopper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Can you believe it?  I am telling you, hons, this is going to be SO awful; the camp riot of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                           So, Ryan, I am begging you--can I be seen for it??????  I want to play Gina Gillespie, who played the child, Blanche, and delivers the line that has almost become my personal mantra--"I won't forget.  You BET I won't forget."

                                             You better believe it, Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: