Followers

Monday, May 2, 2016

Let's All Pretend It Is Still April 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Yes, darlings, I know we are into May already, and I plan, believe me, to acknowledge that, but right now, as far as I am concerned, I am still in April. So much has been going on I have had had time to sit and write.  So I must now.

                                  So, to begin with April 30.  It is the last day of the month, that, for my family and myself, is not beloved, as many beloved members, over the years, departed during the month of April. T.S. Eliot got it right, believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Now, with the last day in April, there are two things to be thankful for.  It means we have made it through one-third of 2016--can you believe that, already???????--and it marks another birthday for my father.

                                       Last year was his Centennial, and a year ago today, we had his BIG party!  This year, he turns 101, which he did on Saturday, and we had a simple party with the two of us, my father and sister, my nephew and great-nephew and my cousin, Brian.  The cake, as seen above, was scrumptious, and tastefully decorated with white butter cream icing around a Kelly green greeting with matching digit candles to match.  101!!!!!!!!!!!  Imagine that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

                                         My father chowed down on everything in sight. He ate at least two hot dogs!  And together, with me, we prayed to the Lord!  I sang "Keep The Lord In The Center Of Your Mind," which is from the musical adaptation of Arthur Miller's "The Creation Of The World, And Other Things," and featured the late Alice Playten, who always inspired  me with this song!  Is it available anywhere?  I looked, so I guess not, but I recall seeing and hearing Alice and Company sing it from an excerpt when it opened, back in the Eighties, when the networks all had drama critics. Today, they would not know what a critic is.

                                             Which is the secret to my father's longevity. He keeps the Lord in the center of his mind!

                                          But what a way to end a month, as my father commences his 102nd year!!!!!!!!!!!!   Here's hoping we are all around for it!  I have no doubt he will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: