Followers

Monday, July 11, 2016

Girls, I Cannot Wait To Make The Linguine Alla Cecca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               I mean, darlings, who would think a book dealing with marital breakup would cover this?  Basically it is simple--cut up some fresh tomato and garlic, put them in a pan containing olive oil, and cook lightly, set aide, boil some linguine, then pour some uncooked sauce and the mixture over the pasta, and mix together.  Who would have thought?  It' so simple, I might surprise my beloved with a home cooked meal this week.

                               As for the marital breakup, well, you know, girls, Nora Ephron, was married, for a time to Carl Bernstein.  Yes, THAT Carl Bernstein.  Here, Nora becomes Rachel, and Carl is Mark Felt.  Basically he feels too much, regarding women, which is his problem, but then becomes Rachel's.  But Nora steps back and manages to view things with an acerbic objectivity that is refreshing.  We are deep in Joan Didion territory, but a style radically different from, and infinitely more readable, than Didion.

                                 Can you believe I have never seen the movie with Meryl Streep?  I know that is hard to believe for some of you on here, and it is something I need to correct as soon as possible.

                                   I have to wonder what took me so long to read "Heartburn?"  It has been around, and I loved what Nora did with "Julie And Julia."

                                     But this "Heartburn" is not contagious. The only thing the reader will catch is delight, both in the recipes, and in raking the soon-to-be ex-husband over the coals.

                                       And, of course, I would love to know whom Thelma Rice was based on!
What a tramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: