Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Mother Of Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is This The End Of Civilization????????????????


                              I am afraid it is, girls!  Imagine my shock when I learned that, after fifty seven years, The Four Seasons restaurant was shutting down.  Oh, sure, they say they are moving to an area close by, and will reopen in about a year and a half, but, even if this comes to pass, it will not be the same.

                              Think of all the people who dined there.  From Jackie and Lee, to me!  Too bad I wasn't with them!  You think Truman Capote got dish?  He has nothing on me!

                                The understated, old style elegance, that attracted so many of us to this city, is vanishing in favor of a corporatized atmosphere, staffed by autonomous clusters of mass inhumanity, with no compassion or feeling for tradition or style.  The flavor of the month is good enough for them, and when that wears out, they simply move on to the next one!  To hell with tradition, to hell with caring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  In a sad way, this is the right time for The Four Seasons to end.  The only place of its kind left is La Grenouille, and I pray that hangs on!  Or, if not, that I am able to get there, before it closes, should it!

                                 Poor Madame Armfeldt in "A Little Night Music."  If she thought craft was gone at the end of her lifetime, what would she say now????????????

No comments: