Followers

Friday, July 1, 2016

How Could This Day Be Forgotten, Darlings?????????????????


                                  When I went to check the birthdays of those on IMDB this morning, there was one above all I expected to see. Alas, I did not, which makes me suspect that the idiot compilers have no knowledge of anything prior to their births in 1975, so to hell with everyone else!

                                     Well, I am here to rectify that. Today, Olivia De Havilland, aka Melanie in "Gone With The Wind," turns 100!!!!!!!!!  That's right!  Her sister, Joan Fontaine, must be royally pissed.  Except for extras, I cannot think of a single person in the film Olivia might have outlived. Even Cammie King, Bonnie Blue, died .  So, Olivia may stand alone, but she is not to be forgotten, not only for Melanie, but all the fine work she did.

                                        What does one do when one turns 100!  As I found out with my father, whatever the hell one wants!

                                          So, Happy Birthday, Olivia De Havilland. Melanie will live on in our hearts, but I, for one, am glad you are still on Earth with us.

                                           Here is one of Melanie's best moments, with my favorite shot where she is running, with the matte painting in the background. What artistry!!!!!!!!!!!!  And Steiner's music!!!!!!!!

                                            To remind us what and when CLASS was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: