Followers

Monday, April 30, 2018

How Could Forget, Darlings????????????????


                                 With so much having gone on this year, and still going, it nearly eluded me that last week marked the 50th Anniversary of the Broadway opening of "HAIR."

                                  I can't believe it!  I was just 13 when this took place, and here I am, writing about it, at 63!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   The liner notes of the Original Broadway Cast album I was raised on said April 28, 1968 was the opening night. Playbill Online said the 29th.  I am going with what I learned first--April 28, 1968, at the Biltmore Theatre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      And, yes, that is Shelley Plimpton in her iconic moment of singing "Frank Mills."  So, it is no secret, knowing me, what this post will end with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                       Fifty years, post "HAIR."  I am amazed to have lived to see it!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Here is Shelley Plimpton, Martha's mom, a half century ago!

                                        When we were all young, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: