Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I Need An Insanity Room, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                                                   

                                                                             



         I would love to say I got my décor inspiration from Cecil Beaton and "My Fair Lady."  He certainly played a part, but my earliest influence came from "Little Dot" in Harvey Comics, because  I loved her walls all covered over with black dots, in what was a blue or white background.  Being as orange is a favorite color of mine, I would have opted for the blue background and orange dots.  I can actually recall trying to talk my father into painting my bedroom this way.  He did not buy it.

         Lately, I have felt the need for an insanity room, a place to go where I am feeling insane.  Not for interminable periods, like Lucy Harbin, but when I am feeling my most unstable and anxious.  I just go there, until the feeling passes.

          The way I would decorate it, though, let's see how long I could stay there.

           Here is what it would look like.

           Take a square space.  The ceiling would be painted completely orange, and the floor would be covered over completely, in an orange carpet.

            The front and back walls would be painted.  The front would alternate red and yellow stripes, going in a diagonal fashion, covering the entire wall.  The back would be a red background, in the center of which would be painted a yellow lightning bolt.  Kind of like The Flash or Captain Marvel.

              The side walls would be blown up photographs.  Looking to my left, would be the iconic image of Pippa Scott from "The Searchers," and to my right, the famous Myra Hindley photo!!!!!!!!!!!!

                How is that for décor, girls?  Does that not beat all?  Imagine me serving tea, here!

                Really, I have GOT to call Lee, and make a luncheon date with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Videolaman said...

If you ever do create your Panic Room, I think you should rent it out to needy basket cases (like ME!) for the 29 other days per month you don't need it yourself.

BTW, I was suddenly struck by how much Myra Hindley resembles Constance Ford, in the infamous Twilight Zone episode "Uncle Simon"! Frightening: perhaps Myra was the straight doppelganger to lady-lovin Constance of good ole St. Barnabas HS?

Hmmm... having just looked up some Connie photos to see if I'm imagining the resemblance to Myra, I see I'm not. Although Ford didn't start out looking so glum: amazingly,she was the face of Elizabeth Arden's wartime lipstick campaign "Victory Red". Even more amazing, I completely forgot she had a notorious scene in "A Summer Place" where she smacks poor Sandra Dee so hard she stumbles into the Christmas Tree, which falls on her! How did I not ever make the connection to Divine's fabulous homage in "Female Trouble"? (Of course, for most of us soap opera fans she'll always simply be earth mother Ada from "Another World": when Constance died, the show pretty much died with her).

The Raving Queen said...


Absolutely. Everyone needs to get
away sometime.

As for Constancd Ford, I took a look
at her, and in light of your comments
it creeps me out. Her resemblance
to Hindley is scary.

Even though Myra left here for
warmer climes, in 2002, she still
gets my vote as The Most Hated Woman
In Great Britain.