Followers

Monday, April 16, 2018

Is "Cosi Fan Tutte" Now Set In Coney Island???????????????


                              I am no opera queen, darlings; they are just too vicious for me!  But I have to admit I am intrigued by the set I see for The Met's current staging of "Cosi Fan Tutte?"

                               All I know about the piece is that an opera written by Mozart.  I don't even know what the plot is.  But I have to admit the set grabs me.

                               If you look dead center, it can clearly be seen the smiling face resembles the Sideshow Face at Coney Island.  Look!
                           See?  So don't tell me this was not intentional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           It is so intentional that it makes me interested in seeing this production. I do not know how many performances are left--if any--or if Kelli O'Hara is in all of them, though she did perform in this production, but if I am successful, I will let you know.

                           I cannot resist carnival/amusement park set or themed stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                           Who can, darlings???????????????????????? 

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Hope you get a chance to see it, I would love to hear your review!

bogieme2 said...

mixed couples being unfaithful to each other and yes kelli plays all performances. you should have seen the hd performance that was broadcast in theatres very well done norman

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I don't know how many performances
are left, but will do my best.
Think I missed this in the theaters.
But if I see it, my post will go on
here!

The Raving Queen said...


Norman,
I guessed I missed the theater
airing. I saw no notice of it.
I would have gone. Maybe I
will get a chance before
the season ends. It looks
interesting. And I understood
real Coney sideshow performers
were used!