Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2018

My Beloved Bacci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                              As Diana Ross said, in "You Can't Hurry Love," "How many heart aches must I stand?"

                              The day was warm yesterday--unusually so--and David and I were about, doing errands.  It made me feel good to see many of my animal friends--Seamus, to whom I gave a cookie, and a belly rub, Miss Chloe, who gave me a hug, and I got to pet her, and Cujo, who ran onto the terrace as soon as he heard my voice, full of love and concern.

                                Two houses down from Cujo, near the corner of 77th and Third, lives Bacci.  The door was open, the caged parakeets were out on the front porch, and  so was their owner.  I called for Bacci, and it was then he told me the sad news.

                                   Bacci no longer resides there.  No, she is not dead, but in another home.  What happened was it turns out the owner's toddler son developed an allergy to Bacci, whose feathers or dander were causing the child problems.  It seems opportunity stepped in when a woman approached the owner, maybe having seen Bacci previously, saying she had a male cockatoo, and was looking to breed.  Bacci is a female, and healthy, so Bacci has moved from 77th Street, to elsewhere.

                                    I am happy Bacci is alive, and I know in a good home.  But I will miss our special times together, the warmth and love she showed me, the gentle way she knew just how to hold my finger in her claw, and how she would preen her head feathers for me like a Ziegfeld show girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      I will always love you, Bacci.  But I shall miss you, very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I don't trust breeders, too many are in it just to make a buck.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I never thought of that.
It makes me fearful.

On the other hand, Bacci's
owner, or fromer owner, is really
good with animals, and taking care
of them. All his dogs are rescues.
I believe he would not turn Bacci
over to some common hustler. But
one never knows.

I shall miss Bacci's sweetness.