Followers

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Amma Is Walking Off With The Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    I am halfway through "Sharp Objects," and I can tell you, Eliza Scanlen's performance as Amma Crellin, and Amy Adams' spectacular hair, are walking off with the entire show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Why am I so fascinated with Amma?  Because she is exactly who I wanted to be, when I was that age.  Living in the constricted town and environment that I knew I was unsuited for, I, nevertheless, had to play Indoor Amma to my parents and family, which is what was expected of me.

                                        On the outside, I wanted to be Mean Amma, getting back at my tormentors, making them scared of me, and scaring my teachers, but I lacked one thing--the ability to roller skate with the skill Amma does.  This child could leave Wind Gap, and wind up in a European company of "Starlight Express!"

                                        The main reason I could not be Outside Amma was because I had something she lacked--a conscience.  I just could not put my family and parents what they would have been subjected to, had I been Outside Amma.

                                         Which is why she is so loved on this show.  Those who envy her freedom can experience it, cathartically, with her.

                                            Amma, like Camille, has had it with Wind Gap.  But she is too young to do anything about it.

                                            But mark my words, darlings, she will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            You just GOTTA love Amma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             I want an Amma T-shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: