Followers

Monday, August 27, 2018

I Know We're In For A Scorcher, But Before The Summer Is Gone, We Have GOT To Have A Victorian Summer Outdoor Tea!!!!!!!!!




                            What a lovely inspiration isn't it, girls?   It's just like Helen Hooven Santmyer's novel, "...And Ladies Of The Club," which I would actually be willing to read again, if I could only find the pink, mass paperback edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               I mean, isn't it the ultimate in femme, girls?  We could all read it--if we had time enough, and discuss it, especially which parts we cried over, and which parts actually shocked us. Because old Helen does shock us some with some explicit topics I never expected to find in such a book, which are there, but go unmentioned.

                                What a sparkling way to end the Summer.  But not today!  I am going out, briefly, this evening, but meanwhile, I have a lot of reading to do, and more posts to write.

                                  Have GOT to get going!  But let's try for that Victorian Outdoor Summer Tea?

                                   Huh, darlings?


2 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow it's been forever since I read that book.
I don't know why I liked it so much, but I did.
Nothing happens, and everything happens.
Lot of typos though

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

That book came out in 1982.
I read it a few years later
and loved it. Truly a romantic
novel. I later got a hardback
edition, but it was water damaged
in a move.

There are still parts of that book
I think about today,

I hope I get a chance to read it
one more time.