Followers

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

I Still Remember The First Library Book I Took Out On My Own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            I must have been about five, and "The Wizard Of Oz" was fresh in my mind.  At said time, I related, more than anything to the Witch.  I wanted to fly, have that castle, and generate power.  So, at this time of life, anything with witches, or witchcraft, caught my eye.

                             Which is how I came to discover "The Littlest Witch."  I would take it out repeatedly, I probably could end up reciting the text.  What a ghoulish little thing I was, but, honestly, girls, the story was so charming, I don't recall being a bit frightened.

                                It made an impression on  me.  How many of you, out there, recall your first library book????????????

3 comments:

Victoria said...

One of my first was Cappyboppy, by Bill Peet.
Young as I was, I remember feeling sorry for that poor animal.

The Raving Queen said...


Now, that is a title I am
not familiar with. Is it
still in print?

Victoria said...

It sure is, as are many of his books!