Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2018

How About That Rachel Dratch, Ruby Tuesday, Triplets Commercial?????????????????????


                                Now, darlings, I have admired Rachel Dratch, ever since she created the character of "Debbie Downer," on "Saturday Night Live."  The Disney World, and Thanksgiving sketches, where even the turkey gets up from the table to get away from her, are my two favorites.

                                 So, I was surprised, in several ways, to see her on the recent Ruby Tuesday commercial.  I was glad to see Rachel plying her trade, but I also realized two things--it is a brilliant homage to the "Triplets" number that Fred Astaire, Jack Buchanan, and Nanette Fabray in "The Band Wagon," and, second notice how closely, at least in this costume, Rachel resembles the late Fanny Brice as Baby Snooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Has anyone checked out Rachel's vocal chops? If they are properly in place, we could be looking at the next unknown star of a future "Funny Girl" revival.

                                Getting back to Debbie, I would love to see her back on SNL, where she does a one-to-one sit down, with Joan Didion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 I bet Debbie is the only one who could out depress Joan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: