Followers

Monday, November 5, 2018

A One Time Baby Boomer Sage Today Becomes A Senior Citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Hard as it may be to imagine, Joyce Maynard, famous for the article pictured above, turns 65 today.  Hers, and mine, was the generation, I naively thought at the time, that would remain young forever and never age.  But Joyce got older, and so did I.  Now, she is 65, and while I turn 64 in just 13 days (a thought that scares me, as that was the age my mother died), in another year after that, I will turn 65.

                                    As a peer I followed Joyce, sometimes agreeing, sometimes not, with her.  Interesting some have called her 1972 essay "neo-conservative," because I never thought Joyce a Right Winger.  Far from it.

                                       Joyce found her voice early.  I found mine late, in 2007, with this blog, though I never stopped searching, until I realized I had fulfilled the search at last.

                                         So, a Happy Birthday to Joyce Maynard!  And many more!

                                          Will there soon be another piece about being 65?   I would not be a bit surprise!

                                            Back at ya, Joyce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: