Followers

Friday, November 16, 2018

Part Two Of Our Musical Theater Double Header!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                     Thirty seven years ago tonight, just twenty two years after "The Sound Of Music," "Merrily We Roll Along" opened at what was then the Alvin, is now the Neil Simon, Theatre.  The most anticipated show of the season turned out to be a season flop but has grown in stature over the years, thanks to its Sondheim score,  I am proud to say I actually saw the original production twice, so blown away was I by the score and two of its performers, Ann Morrison and Lonny Price.  And, of course, I saw the 'Merrily' documentary. "Best Worst Thing That Ever Could Have Happened."

                                      So, this really is a Musical Theater Week, isn't it?  It was karma I was born during this period.

                                        To all the 'Merrily' originals, I wish a happy anniversary.  The show is set for a Roundabout revival, next year, and I am looking forward to that.

                                         And who else, but Sondheim, could write a lyric like, "I mean, even Cream Of Wheat has lumps?"  One of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the Originals, past and present.  Lonny Price, Ann Morrison and Jim Walton.  All look fabulous, and congrats to each and every one!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Hey I heard nyc was a mess because of a snowstorm and thought of you!
How are you doing??

The Raving Queen said...


Hi, Vicotia!
We did OK with the storm,
because we did not venture
beyond our neighborhood.

But something like this so
early? Wow!

Hope you are doing well. The
holiday madness is already upon us!

Victoria said...

I’m doing better, thanks.
Last month I got out Casey’s Halloween costumes to give them away but I couldn’t go through with it.
Still can’t believe she’s gone

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I am glad you are feeling better.
I thought it had something to do
with Casey's passing. Take
all the time you need to grieve.