Followers

Friday, November 9, 2018

Now, Girls, Tell Me Which Monster Was Cuter?????? Cucumbo, Or Zontar??????????????



I did not know, till very recently, that ten years after his classic, "It Conquered The World," featuring the ever lovable "Cucumbo," Roger Corman, in 1966, remade the same film, in a color version, entitled "Zontar, The Thing From Venus!"

I admit I was curious to see the remake, until I discovered an altogether different monster had been used.  Cucumbo should have been taken out of retirement, so we could see him, in all this Technicolor glory!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who could forget Cucumbo, menacing Beverly Garland, in her bullet bra blouse, and matching skirt?

Zontar, to me, looks more like a player.  Look at all the lovelies he is surrounded with!  I am sure the girls find him cute, but, for me, I find Cucumbo cuter,  He was the first, and the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring him back, in his own color spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: