Followers

Friday, November 16, 2018

Look At This Stunning Color Photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                Fifty nine years ago, tonight, at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, "The Sound Of Music" opened on Broadway.  Here is the brilliantly staged sequence of the Von Trapps fleeing the Nazis over the mountains.  It is enough to bring tears to my eyes, as I am sure it did on Broadway.

                                   Oh, my God--Laurie Peters, William Snowden, Kathy Dunn, Joseph Snowden, Marilyn Rogers (deceased), Mary Susan Locke and Evaan Lien!!!!!!!!!!  Who could forget them???????

                                This was just two days short of my fifth birthday.  To think, I was alive when this took place.  It makes me proud to be a part of theater history.

                                 Next year marks the show's sixtieth anniversary. How about a revival?

                                 Tonight, get out your Original Cast Recording, drink some bubbly and wish "The Sound Of Music a happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: