Followers

Monday, November 5, 2018

For Those Who Ever Wanted To Walk Along A Real Life Version Of The "Candy Land" Game Board, This Comes As Close As One Can Get!!!!!!!!!!!


                               Candytoipia has been going on for months, on a side street, near Penn Station at 34th Street. I noticed it as we were wending our way there, to visit our friends, Linda and Marilyn, in Morris Plains.

                                It is not literal.  There are no lake of Ice Cream Floats, a Gum Drop Forest, or a Molasses Swamp.  But what it does have comes pretty close!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even have a Candy Bar, which is set up to look like an adult bar, except it sells candy instead of booze.  No one will become alcoholic here, but what a joy for dentists, who will get a lot of patients, and cash business and then some.  While the kids will get a sugar rush so high, it will be a prepubescent precursor to drugs!  I mean, isn't candy that, anyway?????????



But the main reason I want to go is to see The Swimming Pool Of Marshmallows!  That is right, one actually, after removing shoes, gets to dive into this deep pool of marshmallows.  I understand it is a challenge to get out of.  Is this dangerous? And what about all those stockinged feet and people's bodies immersed in this?  If you eat a marshmallow, do you get sick?  How does this get past the board of health?

When, as a child, we used to go visit relatives in Red Bank and Rumson, we would pass a Dixie Cup factory, that had a giant Dixie Cup outside the establishment.  My fantasy was it would be filled to the brim with a chocolate milkshake, which I would always swim in, and dream of trying to drink.  But how realistic is that?  Still, it was fun!  The Swimming Pool Of Marshmallows reminded me of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, like the "Candy Land" game board, the place is awash with color.  I can't recommend this place for calorie counters, or diabetics, but it certainly speaks to my inner child,  And I know there are lots of us out there.

Candytopia is located at Penn Plaza, 145 West 32nd Street. It will be there till January 6.  Something different for the holidays.  And wait till you see all the candy that went into the sculptures.

I promise, girls, to have only one piece of candy.  But I cannot wait to dive into The Swimming Pool Of Marshmallows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: