Followers

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Girls, You Have Got To Try "Positano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                              Where to go, what to do, on this birthday, was real difficult.  Been there, done that, and really did not want to go into the city.  "A Chorus Line" excepted.

                                So, on the actual birthday, this past Sunday, we knew we wanted to stay in Bay Ridge.  Now, we had plans for Thanksgiving dining at Chadwick's, so we knew it had to be something different.

                                 The wonderful Deirdre Butler, owner of Paws Truly, and more important, Famous Seamus, the most lovable and celebrated canine in Bay Ridge, who is always a great comfort to me, recommended "Positano" to us.  This Italian restaurant is the high end version of that cuisine in Bay Ridge.  It is not cheap, but is well worth the money, especially if the occasion is special. Which this one was.

                                     I started with a Mozzarella And Tomato appetizer. I have never eaten such fresh mozzarella; it literally melted in my mouth.  And the seasonings were superb.  David had a platter of a dozen raw clams, gulping down every one.  He said he could handle a dozen more. He was not allowed.  Gojira kept an eye on him.  But I will say these were the freshest looking clams I have ever seen.

                                       I always go simple in the main course.  So, the Pappardelle Bolognese was an easy choice.  And, as soon as I tasted the pasta, I knew it was fresh, and home made.  And the sauce!!!!!!!!!!!  Girls, you have GOT to try it!  David had the Sunday Sauce Special, and I did not notice anything on his plate when he was through.

                                       What to eat after a meal like that?  Well, I got my favorite--vanilla ice cream, with decaf espresso poured over it, while David had a combo of Banana and Nutella Ice Cream.  He is more venturesome than I am.

                                          Apart from the food, the atmosphere is dark and romantic.  We also shared a bottle of red Cabernet Sauvignon, that relaxed me so much I had the best sleep I have had in ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And, in the Summer, as can be seen from the photo, there is al fresco dining out front, and, I believe, a garden in the back.

                                            Until two years ago, the restaurant had existed under the name "One To One."  It was Italian, but underwent a name change, but with the same owners.  I think "Positano" is a more eye catching name for this place.  It is way down, on 4th Avenue and 100th Street, but is worth the journey.  And the bridge view is breathtaking.

                                              It was a very happy birthday dinner for yours truly.  And we will keep it on our dining agenda.

                                               Make sure you make it part of yours, darlings!
And tell them Seamus sent you!  He LOVES it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: