Followers

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Now, How Many Oz Attractions Have There Been, Or Are, In America?????????????????????


                                This one is the most famous, in North Carolina.  It was built in 1970, after the 31st Anniversary of the film, and was destroyed in 1980, when a fire broke out in the Emerald City.  What a shame I never got to see it--as an 'Oz' maven--but what fun to see it, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 It almost looks like the MGM movie set.  I would love to walk through here.

                                 And  I keep hearing of other Oz related attractions.  Like the museum in Liberal Kansas, that has an exact replica of Dorothy's Kansas farm house from the film, and a screening room that shows the 1939 classic, every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     I have also heard of a "Wizard Of Oz" bed-and-breakfast type place, in upstate New York.  I would love to visit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     Retirees with travel time, what a road trip this would make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      I want to follow my childhood dreams, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: