Followers

Monday, January 28, 2019

I'm A Gibson Girl, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                "Here, Karen.  You're a Gibson girl."
                                                --Gary Merrill, handing a martini to Celste
                                                Holm, in "All About Eve" (1950).


                                          I have never drank a martini in my life.  I don't know if I ever will.  However, if given the opportunity, or if one is the only option available, I would have to say mine would have to be a Gibson.

                                         A Gibson is simply a martini with a pearled onion.  Because I do not like olives.  In fact, I hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Their taste, and texture, is abhorrent to me. When, on occasion, I have accidentally consumed one, the taste lingers in my mouth, forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         How simple life might be, if I could just whip up a pasta with puttanesca sauce??????????  But that means black olives, and I will not eat them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          So, I am resigned to being a Gibson girl, and tying my pearls, like Celeste Holm, as Karen Richards, in "All About Eve."

                                            Meanwhile, what do other Gibson girls do, when they all hang out, together???????????

Here, take a look.  That's me, on the far left, with my legs folded!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

My beverage of choice is sweet tea. Or chocolate milk.
Apparently I am sixty going on six lol

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
I was a big chocolate milk drinker
as a child. Can't now, thanks to
diabetes. What, exactly is sweet tea?
I have heard the term before, but
not sure what it means. Good to hear
from you!

Victoria said...

It’s just iced tea lol.
Served in every restaurant here in Virginia!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Oh, now I get it. There used to
be a Southern style restaurant in
the Village--The Pink Tea Cup--
that served it. Delicious!