Followers

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Who Thought The Motion Picture Academy Of Arts And Sciences Would Ever Be Named Bitch Of The Week????????


                                This was the furthest thing from my mind, darlings, and I could not have imagined such a thing, but when I heard of the nomination of this film, "Detainment" as Best Short Subject, I blanched.

                                  The film is a recreation of the murder, interrogation and conviction of Jon Venables and Robert Thompson, who, on February 12, 1993, committed a crime that would raise even the eyes of Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.  The two boys, then ten years old, lured a two year old toddler, named James Bulger, from the mall where he was with his mother, walked him about Liverpool, tortured him by the railroad tracks, and left him for dead.  I think they even put the body on the tracks, so it would get hit.

                                    If Brady and Hindley remain the most hated duo in Britain, these boys, now in their late thirties or early forties, or close to it, are second behind them.  Venables has been in and out of trouble, living with sex predators, and venturing himself, into pedophilia.  Thompson has been silent, but I wouldn't trust him to get me milk from the refrigerator.

                                    The film, directed by Vincent Lambe, which he staunchly defends, runs a gruesome thirty minutes.  In that film, James' murder is re-encacted by child actors, including one enacting the role of James.  I don't know how graphic it is, but just what I can conjure up from what I have read is gruesome enough. And what parents would allow their children to participate in such a project?

                                      What was Lambe thinking? I am with James' mother, Denise Purdy, who calls the film disgusting, and says it should be removed.  And the film tries to humanize the boy killers.
Listen, Brady and Hindley could not be humanized, so what makes you think these chaps can???????

                                       They can't, because they are monsters.  May that poor innocent boy rest in peace.  I refuse to see this film, and I hope all my girls agree.

                                         The Academy has made some mistakes in the past,  but this is the most egregious.

                                   

2 comments:

Someone who is seen and heard too much said...

I have come to the conclusion that there are many people who have no moral compass. All they think about is the money they can make.

The Raving Queen said...


Someone,

I second what you say. And
especially with regard to said
film. What kind of a sadist
is Vincent Lambe?