Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Do Viewers Now Have To Resort To Underground Screenings??????????????????????

                                            Many years ago, a radio broadcaster made a joke about "Gone With The Wind" being screened that night on the wall of the Lincoln Tunnel!  I remember thinking if I could have been there, I would have.  But that was before Covid, partisanship, and people who should not be dictating to all of us what is or not politically correct--according to them.



                                               Every so often, girls, I check on Google, to see if there are any screenings of "Gone With The Wind" coming up.  To be sure, there are other films I look for, too, but recently on a website called Flashback Cinema, the 1939 film came up.  According to them, at the IPIC Fulton Market Theatre, located at 11 Fulton Street in Manhattan, there are to be screenings of the 1939 classic on Sunday January 22, and Wednesday January 25.  But here is the problem--when I inquired about screenings, I got no answers.  Most importantly, I cannot find the starting times for any of the screenings.  



                                                  I mean, what is this?  A hush hush, like the Underground Railroad, or meetings of the Communist Party back in the days of the Rosenbergs--who were betrayed by the treacherous Greenglasses?  Even when I telephone their number there is no option given for showtimes.  And on the reservations section, GWTW is not listed, so it is not like I can reserve a ticket for us--David and I.



                                                    What the hell is going on here?  "As God is my witness!" Really!!!!!!!!!



                                                      I have a good mind to phone till I get a person, and then say to them, "Get off these steps, you trashy wench! Get off this land!"



                                                       Any suggestions, girls??????????????
 

2 comments:

Victoria said...

We may have to perform it ourselves!
Myself, I could play the heck out of a Trashy Wench role!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Great, and I am ready to play Scarlett.
And Aunt Pittypat!!!!!!!