Followers

Monday, January 30, 2023

Darlings, Imagine This Being Performed By The Sisters Of Perpetual Indulgence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                      Girls, ever since my iconic experience of seeing "The Sound Of Music," for the first time, in its initial run, at the tender age of eleven, I have been aware of one salient fact--



                        Nuns sell tickets.



                        That's right.  Put a nun, or even more, on stage or screen, and a hit is in the offing.



                       So, of course I really wanted to see "Dialogue Of The Carmelites," at The MET Opera, last Saturday. I listened to it, but that was not the same.  I was hoping it would go to the theater, like "The Hours," but so far, no.  Well, I can hope.



                    But what if The Sisters Of Perpetual Indulgence--San Francisco's gay and merry band of drag nuns; an order that is just calling for me, dolls!!!!!!!!!--were to perform this?  Keys would have to be changed, orchestrations transitioned, and I hope they have a good tenor role.



                      Imagine being prostrate like this on The MET stage!  Not even Jennifer Jones, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                     Sign me on, girls!  I am ready to be an Indulgent Carmelite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 



                          

2 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I'll have to tell Sister Roma to get on this darling.

The Raving Queen said...

Mistress Maddie,

Oh, absolutely. I cannot wait to be a
Poulenc Carmelite.