Followers

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Some Leftover Business From 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                       Girls, just when I thought the year was wrapped up, along came the biggest death whammy since Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds, who died a day apart.



                      On December 30, at the age of 93, Barbara Walters, whom I remembered from "Today" on NBC, passed away at 93.  She inspired in so many of us, me included, to want to become a New York career woman, or something along those lines. And after I read her famous book, "How To Talk With Practically Anyone About Practically Anything," I was off and running.  Especially when she talked about dinner parties with Truman Capote.  It was what I wanted.



                    Now, the very next day, December 31, 2022, Pope Benedict VI passed away at the age of 95.  I suppose it was inevitable, and, as a leader of the Catholic church, it was fitting, in a way that his should be the year's final celebrity death.  I had no issues with this Pope; my issues are more with the church's organizational practices, and the burden imposed upon me by my family to be this ultra conservative Catholic, which I just could not be, no matter how strong my spiritual beliefs, and there are many.



                     But I wish Pope Benedict VI a safe and peaceful journey to his home with God, where he certainly belongs.  Like him, Barbara Walters was also a leader in her field.



                     Peace to them both.  They shall be missed.  Their like unlikely to be seen again.



4 comments:

Victoria said...

aww your spiritual beliefs are just fine; you do not have to submit to any particular religious denomination!!
I attend a non denominational church myself!!
I just read the Bible, pray in my own way, and try to think and act in a manner that is pleasing to God!!
Some days I’m more successful than others.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thank you for your support. I stay true
to my beliefs, and honor things in my own way.

Victoria said...

You are welcome!!
No guilt!! No condemnation!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Thanks so much for that message.
I will try to honor it all year.