Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

I Cannot Believe McDonald's Is Doing It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          It was okay when British Airways did it.  That was a class act.  And some other commercial did it, and it was not offensive.



                          But McDonald's???????????????  A sleazy fast-food chain, which I wouldn't even be seen using their bathroom, with the trash that that goes there, plus the food is as trashy and unhealthy as can be imagined.  No wonder America is an obese nation!!!!!!!!!!!!



                           I am not here to talk about that, now.  I am talking about McDonald's latest commercial, where they have the temerity to use composer Delibes' "Flower Duet" from "Lakme."   First, the product is not worthy of such a piece, second, and most important, the audience it is directed at has no idea what the piece even is.  So, why bother?



                              Stick to direct, comprehensible things, like "You deserve a break today."  Remember that?  Now, that befit the product, without being offensive.



                               McDonald's is never going to be sophisticated.  So, why even try?

                             Here is the "Flower Duet" to prove my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               

4 comments:

Victoria said...

oh man, don’t get me started.
Can you imagine, people go to College to come up with this stuff

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
And they make more money than I did.
At the expense of the audience's ignorance.

Victoria said...

I certainly admire those who are able to make a career out of Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations and so forth, however Know Your Audience should be taught the First Day!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I agree, and that is not what is being taught.
Sometimes I regret not going into advertising. But
there us much cutthroat bitchery there.