Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2024

I Just LOVE Nostalgiaferatoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                           Over a year ago, the horror host, Svengoolie, whom we watch on Saturday nights, conducted a nationwide search for what he called "The Spawn Of Svengoolie."  It went on forever; I cannot recall anything like it other than The Search For Scarlett O'Hara," and that was before I was born!  Yes, darlings, it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                             I thought there would be just one winner, but without even announcing the fact any had been chosen, it turned out there were three.


                                             Imp is cute, but that is about it.  Gwengoolie is an imitation. Elvira.


                                            But the real genius among the trio is Nostalgiaferatoo.  Guess who plays him?  Bill Leff!  The name meant nothing to me at first, but when I looked him up, he is the Bill of the morning weekday cartoon show, "Toon In With Me."  As Nostalgiaferatoo, he creates a whole new, and wickedly funny, persona.  But, really, after a nationwide search, casting one of your colleagues?  This is what it might have been like had Selznick cast Paulette Goddard in "Gone With The Wind."  A nationwide search, and who does he end up with?  His next door neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                            Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed.  But I have to hand it to Leff for his marvelous creation; I wish he would get more screen time, and I would like to see how he interacts with Kerwyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             I don't always approve of the show's extra half hour format.  But when Nostalgiaferatoo is on, I do not mind it, at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             Keep up the great work.  Nostalgiaferatoo, you are loved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

cutie!! he has kind of an Uncle Fester look about him!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Yes, he does, but he also resembles the character of Nosferatu.
He is a great addition to the show.