Followers

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Oh, Really, Now??????????? Isn't This A Bit Too Much???????????????


                            I mean, if you were talking Judy (Garland), Liza, Bette Midler, or BARBRA--sure!!!!!!!!!!



                            But Ben Platt??????????????????



                           The fellow is talented enough; I have heard him sing, and I wish I had seen the revival of "Parade," but it was a choice between that or "Sweeney Todd," so I went with Groban and Sondheim.  I have no regrets.  Money only stretches so far, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              I saw Platt do his 'Evan Hansen' thing on the TONYS, and he was quite good.  He might have been in the movie, but the filmmakers undermined him.  And what I heard from "Parade" was gorgeous.



                              But--two Broadway shows, and now an act at The Palace?  Are you kidding?



                              A two week run?  At how much a ticket?  Ben, honey, you better be good, because this could make or break you.



                                 Now, if it was Daniel Radcliffe or Jonathan Groff, I could see why.



                                 But Ben Platt?  Is he even ready, dears????????????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

you made the right choice with Sweeney Todd for Sure!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Oh, without question. To think it could be as good as 1979! Will we ever see its like again, in our lifetimes?