Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2024

This Might Be "The Movie We Want To Forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                           I can tell you right now, darlings, that "Svengoolie" has not got an especially good lineup for May.  Tonight, he is showing "The Land That Time Forgot," another variation on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Lost World," which influenced everything from "King Kong" to "Jurassic Park."  Regarding the latter, I liked "MAD Magazine's" version, "Your Ass Has Had It Park."  Ah, the days of humor!!!!!!!!!!



                            All I can say about this film is that it has Doug McClure being super serious.  When someone acts that way in a movie like this, it means they are desperate for a paycheck.  This was released under American International Pictures--Can you believe they were still around in 1974????????--so I cannot attest to how real looking the dinosaurs and other creatures look and act.


                            So, join us tonight at 8PM for this questionable delight.  It may turn out to be a surprise.


                             But, for a real surprise, wait for my upcoming post on "Reptilicus," which I watched yesterday.  What a revelation.


                            Hey, the poster for this one is not so great, so maybe the movie will be better!


                            See you tonight at eight, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

well I certainly enjoyed the Lost World anthology, and of course all the Sherlock Holmes.
I think the one with the horse was my favorite.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Stick with The Lost World. This one was forgettable!