Followers

Friday, May 3, 2024

Now, Girls, This IS How To Dress For An Evening Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                    This is Dovina, who was a topflight American fashion model in the 1950's.   History says she died in Fort Lauderdale, 34 years ago this very day, at the age of 62.  Now, if one has to die in Florida, Fort Lauderdale is better than some places I could name.  But, hell, I would not even want to live in Florida, let alone die there.  And I have Floridian roots.



                                       The story goes that Dovina's career ended, and she turned up in Florida, running a pizza parlor.  This would have been tragic, if not for whom she had been.  Because once you have been a topflight model, and are now running a pizza parlor, girls, you all know it is going to be the most GLAMOROUS pizza parlor out there.  How I would have loved to be partaken of it.


                                        More, how I would have loved to have worn that dress.  I mean, who cares who designed it, isn't it gorgeous?  The color is perfect, and the way the white of the gloves, and the black of the purse offset the red??????????  I wish more designs were like this, instead of costumes on parade!


                                         Ah, yes, elegance!  How it is longed for!


                                        Models like Dovina raised the stakes higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

have you ever been to Florida? I have. It’s gone downhill.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
My father lived in Florida for over 30 years. I would visit him every year. After five days, I wanted to come back to NYC. I am sure it is worse even now. I know people who have moved out of there, because it is so awful.