Followers

Friday, May 17, 2024

Why Was Misty Day Even Sent To Hell, In The First Place!??????????????????????


                           For the uninitiated, Misty Day was a character brilliantly portrayed by Lily Rabe in the "American Horror Story" season, "Coven," still my favorite.


                           From her arrival, with the unexpected surprise of Stevie Nicks showing up and playing and singing "Rhiannon" on the piano, it was clear to me, Misty was going to be the next Supreme.  Even Fiona (Jessica Lange) said she expected Misty to pass every one of The Seven Wonders." 



                          But Lily did not.  For reasons I cannot recall, she was placed in Hell, though, again I cannot recall, she was brought back.


                           Let me tell you about Misty's Hell.  Because I have more than a healthy fear of it and death, feeling I am damned.  I mean, last week I absolutely forgot it was Ascension Thursday.  What would Sister Camille say?  Or how about Bernadette?


                             So, Lily's Hell of continuously having to dissect a frog during a biology experiment resonated well with me.  If not this, I would be placed in a trig or calculus class.  There was an old cartoon--in "The New Yorker," maybe? --about a recently deceased man in a classroom, where the course is calculus.  He says this is not so bad, until one of the students points out to him that for the rest of them, this is Heaven, but for him, this is Hell.


                             You see?  This could be me, and I am so afraid! But can I extend a plea to Ryan Murphy to try and get Lily back, if not as Misty, then someone else?  She is a brilliant actress.


                              As for me, I do my best.  But when one hails from an Irish Catholic family where expectations are wildly unreal, an impossible burden is placed upon me.


                               Just like Stephanie Mulroney, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Here is that unforgettable AHS moment!  Stevie and Lily are just brilliant!!!!!!!!

                              

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I too have a healthy fear of eternal damnation.
I know the Bible says we cannot Earn our way into Heaven.
and What a relief; If that were the case, I’d be in a heap of trouble!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
As would I. But I think the idea is out
there that one cannot buy their way into Heaven.
Remember Gladys Cooper in "The Song Of Bernadette?"