Followers

Thursday, July 19, 2012

People Who Ride This Must Have Some Kind Of Death Wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        Remember the brilliantly staged roller coaster sequence at the start of "Final Destination 3????"  This is the Skyrush in Hershey Park, in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and it pretty much looks like the one in that movie.  It is also said to be one of the longest roller coasters and that big drop you see, up towards the right, is a good 200 feet!!!!!!!!!!

                          I watched a running of this on video, and even that had me on edge. Yet, I have to wonder about those who go on this thing.  Not just kids, but adults, some as old as I. Sure, everyone yells and screams; that is part of the fun!!!!!!!!  But taking your arms off the bar, and waving them in the air during the most dangerous times--who are they kidding?  Not that something would happen..but it COULD!!!!!!!!!  In which case--off they go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            I honestly think people who behave like this on such amusements have some kind of death wish.  Or maybe they feel that by doing this they are defying it, like in the "Final Destination" movies.  I remember when Roller Coasters used to be straightforward--like the one in Wildwood, New Jersey,. or the Cyclone, at Coney Island, which for decades was the gold standard in thrills and excitement.

                               But not nearly as dangerous as the Skyrush, and others that are being built. Each one built seems to become more dangerous, as if people keep trying to push the envelope.  Better be careful, because, sooner or later, envelopes have a way of opening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 As for me, girls, I will just watch from the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

MissDesi said...

I rode the Skyrush and will never do it again. No harness just a lapbar. If it ever came open with no harness or any other handles you would be dead. The whole time I rode it I felt like I was going to fall off. I guess if you want to take a chance and love dangerous thrills you would love this.