Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What Did I Tell You? What Did I Tell You????????


                        Oh, my God, girls, I have the most exciting news!!!!!!  No sooner has the curtain gone up on the Delacorte's "Into The Woods," where Donna Murphy is playing the Witch, which should have been played by  the actress pictured above, then comes word on the street that Rob Reiner--of all people!!!!!!--is going to do a film version of the aforementioned title, with the Divine Meryl Herself as the Witch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                         I cannot wait, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                         But I have to wonder--Rob Reiner????  He did a great job with "Misery," but, hey, that was 22 years ago!!!!!!!!!!  Where has he been, and what has he done, since??? Does he know anything about musicals, let alone Sondheim!???????   And I am telling you right now, with MERYL set, he better damn well cast Amy Adams, now doing it at the Delacorte , as the Baker's Wife in the film!!!!!!!!!   Makes me wonder how the rest of it will be cast???? Will Amanda Seyfried be in there, somewhere???? I wouldn't be surprised!!!!!!!!!!!

                        So Donna may take the Delacorte, but MERYL will reign as the definitive Witch!!!!!!  And, remember, the Witch here goes from withered crone, to Glamour Queen, which you know MERYL can do with no problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          This has to be the most exciting casting news since Anne Hathaway as Fantine!!!!!  Or maybe MERYL as Violet in "August:Osage County."  I cannot vouch for how the film will turn out--or if it will at all--but you know with MERYL on board, the sgins look good!!!!!!!!!!!

                             On  The Steps Of The Palace, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: