Followers

Friday, July 27, 2012

Wanda! Wanda!



                       You know, girls, when all this cheerleading business started, with that "Deadly Women" episode,  I kept thinking of the case with the mother, where, I thought, she murdered her daughter's cheerleading rival.

                        As it turns out, I had things askew.  For starters, no one was killed.  What happened was that Wanda's daughter, Shana, was beaten out of a spot on the cheerleading squad by Amber Heath.  What Wanda then did was to ask her ex-brother-in-law, Terry Harper, if he would act as a hit man, and murder Amber's mother, Verna.  Now, I don't know what kind of past Terry had, but even he must have thought Wanda nuts, because he went directly to the cops, and before you know it, Wanda was facing charges of  solicitation of capital murder!!!!!!!!!

                     How perfect are these names--Wanda, Shana, Amber, Verna!!! Talk about the White Trash Heartland!!!!!!!!

                    And, yes, there has been a TV movie about it--made in 1991, entitled  "Willing To Kill--The Texas Cheerleader Story."  Isn't the setting just perfect????  Don't folks in Texas have better things to do???? I guess not!!!!!!!!!!

                    Lesley Ann Warren plays Wanda, I am sure, to the hilt, as I have not seen it yet!

                    But, let me just say, girls, with some revisions, this too could be turned into a musical!!!!

                   The revisions would involve having an actual murder take place, with a big catfight number by the two Murdering Moms!!!! (There's a song title for you, right there!!!!!)  I am telling you, this could be the greatest mother-daughter musical, since "Gypsy!"  How about Patti Lu Pone as Wanda????????

                   What is it with cheerleaders???? Why can't girls aspire to be something sensible, like Anna Wintour???????

                      Just like me, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: