Followers

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Can You Believe This Song Is Actually 50 Years Old This Year, Darlings?????????????????


                                  I needed a musical pick-me-up this morning, so I listened to my favorite Four Seasons song--"Rag Doll."  The melody and those harmonies are infectious, but, as I carefully listened to the lyrics, it really hearkened back to my childhood.  It was like if a guy in my neighborhood had dated some girl in Goat Alley.  That lyric, "I'd change her sad rags into glad rags, if I could/My folks won't let me, 'cause they say that she's no good."

                                 This is a song about a guy from the right side of town dating someone from the wrong side of the tracks.  And we all know what comes of that, darlings, don't we????????

                                    However, it does not mean we can't, and should not, enjoy "Rag Doll."
Here it is, in all its harmonic glory!  So, what if the girl is a rag doll?  Maybe she can step up in class!  At
least, I think that is the romantic fantasy the song expresses!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     "Such a pretty face. Should be dressed in lace."

                                      That goes for all my girls, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!  Not a rag doll in the lot!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: