Followers

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Farewell.....No, Good Riddance To Winter, This Year, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                        Some are operating on the pretext that today is the First Day of Spring, but I prefer to welcome that day tomorrow.  I mean, Proserpina is going to have to do a lot of packing for the six months time she is about to spend above ground. And when one leaves Hell, darlings, if only temporarily, one has to be extremely particular about one's wardrobe.

                         I know, as a graduate of Miss Porter's, a lady daintily clasps her tea cup, sips, and says "Farewell!," not "Good Riddance!" to Winter. But this past one has been one for the books, dolls, and I am glad to call it History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          Oh, some of the snow created some visually breathtaking effects, but the onslaught was unrelenting, the weather chilled my bones right to the marrow, and it actually, for the first time, made me long for a longer clime.  No, don't worry; I am not going to Florida.  If ever I were, that boat has sailed, as the saying goes.

                            So, farewell Winter, we shall remember you always.  Now, we look to Springtime, when people emerge from their homes, like the nymphs dancing around Chaplin in 1919''s "Sunnyside."

                             See, what I mean, girls! So, health and happiness to all, who survived this Winter, and let's hope for the best for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                               A bientot,darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: